02 December 2010

Are you sure that's safe to eat?

Since I'm always going on about my baking I thought I'd take a moment to talk about my cooking, even though it almost always goes smoothly.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Farfalle Con Piselli

Rosemary Potatoes

I made these two together from a recipe I found somewhere ages ago (I wish I could rememberwhere). The pasta is farfalle (bow tie) in a cream sauce (cook chopped onion and finely chopped garlic in a bit of olive oil; add peas, salt, pepper, and cream; bring to boil then remove from heat) and the potatoes are just fried in olive oil with rosemary. When I made this particular batch I found that my onions went bad, so I used some dried onions and added them right before the peas and cream.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chicken tenderloin curry and coconut milk over spinach and rice.

I started out with another idea all together, but it evolved into awesomeness. I took the chicken tenderloin and cut it in to little nuggets and then soaked them in a little bit of lime juice. After I put the chicken in the fridge I put a bit of flour into a bowl and went searching for some spices. I picked out some ground garlic, onion powder, and ground cayenne pepper when I spotted the curry powder. Everybody loves curry! I added all of these things with salt and a bit of pepper to the flour and got the chicken out of the fridge and proceeded to toss the chicken in the flour mixture. I fried this in a large skillet and when that was done I turned down the heat and added the leftover flour (there wasn't more than 1/2 a cup) to the oil and chicken. It didn't turn out quite like I thought it would so I grabbed a can of coconut cream from the pantry (it comes in handy that we keep a lot of Asian canned goods, even if we rarely use them) and added it to the mix. I then added the cooked rice so that it could soak up the flavors and whatnot. I then began to realize that I needed some sort of vegetable to serve with this (since my original plan to serve green beans wasn't really going to work anymore) and found the spinach in the fridge.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



This dinner I forgot to take pictures of until after we'd eaten. The meat is a beef roast. I cut a slit in the top and put in some garlic cloves, drizzled some olive oil in the slit and over the top, and I put it directly on the oven rack with the pan underneath. The broccoli was steamed and covered with a cheese sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment